All about the PicnEco Sets
Every part of a PicnEco set comes from sustainable plant sources and is ethically produced. That is our absolute priority.
The plates, cups, glasses and cutlery can all be re-used several times, if gently washed and dried after use. Everything can be composted, either at home or in with your council’s collections if you have them. If you are unable to compost, most items can be recycled (see below for details) or, at worst, will biodegrade in landfill much quicker than the rest of the rubbish. If recycling then please make sure you rinse things first.
- The Jute Bags: are made and printed for us in India; they are ethically and sustainably produced by a family company who, amongst other projects, use the waste jute to help stop desert erosion.. 100% Compostable
- The Plates: are made from 100% Sugar Bagasse, the waste product created when cane sugar is pressed, which is a fully bio-degradable vegetable starch. They are more rigid than paper plates and are suitable for hot, wet and oily foods. 100% Compostable / 100% Recyclable as Paper
- The Glasses: are made from PLA bio-plastic, a renewable, compostable plastic, and are suitable for cold drinks up to 50°C. PLA is usually made from cereal crops such as corn and wheat. 100% Compostable / NOT Recyclable (will weaken future plastic)
- The Hot Drink Cups: are made from sustainably-sourced wood-pulp and have a plant-starch lining. 100% Compostable / 100% Recyclable as Paper
- The Napkins: are made in the UK from 100% recycled paper and are chlorine-free. 100% Compostable / 100% Recyclable as Paper
- The Cutlery: is made from corn and potato starch, is suitable for hot and cold food, and will compost in 180 days. 100% Compostable / NOT Recyclable